The primary function of a Mass211 Information & Referral Specialist is to help identify and
assess the needs of individuals and connect them with the appropriate health and human
service resources where they live. The goal of the Information & Referral Specialist is to guide
individuals and families by identifying stated and unstated needs and offer accurate and
appropriate resources. This position will be located on site in our headquarters in Framingham,
- Identify, assess, and determine a caller’s need and eligibility for various health and human service resources available.
- Enter accurate and complete information in multiple online platforms/systems
- Identify family needs, both stated and unstated, and provide appropriate and accurate referrals to local agencies/programs
- Complete online call reports accurately via our iCarol database
- Actively work towards gaining AIRS (Alliance for Information & Referral Systems) Certification
- Report for duty in the event of a special project or community response or disaster, to assist 211 meet its goal to provide accurate, up-to-date emergency or disaster-related information to the community.
- Maintain data integrity, protocols and guidelines
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of public and private health and social service agencies, faith-based organizations and public assistance programs
- This position will work primarily with our chat, text and email platforms to supply information and resources to individuals who prefer to reach out in other ways other than by phone.
- Prior Call Center experience
- Experience with data gathering techniques
- Demonstrated aptitude with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, databases and other software systems
- Detail oriented with excellent proofreading skills
- Proficient typing skills
- Strong writing skills
- Works well within a team and able to work independently
- Comfortable working in an office setting and also able to work remotely when necessary
- General knowledge of Health & Human Services
- Ability to attend functions, meetings, and activities outside of normal work hours as needed
- Must be able to work in-office during scheduled hours
- Customer service experience a must
- One year of work experience in human services such as nonprofit, public administration and/or community research
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one-year work experience specifically in information & referral is desirable
- AIRS Certification is preferred but not required
- Bilingual helpful
Updated: July, 2021
Call2Talk is looking for empathetic and compassionate volunteers, employees, and interns to serve as crisis counselors to answer phones and respond to those that may be struggling. Also looking for managers with advanced degrees. To apply, please attach a cover letter and/or resume below.